One of the most important parts of a workout is listening to music. The more fast-paced and energetic a song is, the faster and more active you will be.
Whether you’re cycling or running, Peloton offers a variety of ways to listen to music while exercising. Peloton’s exercise Bike, Bike+, Tread, and Tread+ all come with integrated speakers and a headphone jack.
Alternatively, you can also connect Bluetooth earbuds like the Apple AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max.
How to Connect AirPods to Peloton
Music can help increase your endurance. As a result, if you’re having trouble connecting AirPods to Peloton, you could be missing out on an essential part of your workout. Here’s how to pair AirPods to Peloton:
- On the Peloton screen, tap Settings in the top right corner.
- Select Device Settings, then Bluetooth.
- Place your AirPods in their case and keep the lid open.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until you see the status light flashes.
- Select your AirPods when it appears in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your Peloton touchscreen.
- Wait for “Paired” to appear on the screen.
- Close the lid to the case.
- To return to the “Featured” page, tap the Peloton logo in the bottom center of the touchscreen.
- Go for a test ride to confirm that sound is playing through your AirPods.
Peloton AirPods Volume Low
If your AirPods volume is too low or sounds muffled when using Peloton, you’ll need to go to Settings to change the media volume.
- Choose Settings from the right-hand corner of your Peloton touchscreen.
- Tap Music, then Instructor, and adjust the music volume to your liking.
Another method is to change the volume settings from the minimum to the desired level using the Developer menu.
- Head over to Settings.
- Select Developer.
- Finally, go to Networking and turn off Absolute Volume Control.
How to Turn Up Volume on AirPods Using Siri
If the above solution did not solve the problem, link your AirPods with an Apple device, adjust the volume, and pair it with your Peloton. You can use Siri to control your AirPods volume level.
To increase the audio volume using Siri on first-generation AirPods:
- Double-tap the side of the AirPods.
- First say, “Hey, Siri,”
- Then say something like, “increase volume.”
To adjust the audio volume on second-generation or later AirPods, including AirPod Pro:
- You can say, “Hey, Siri,”
- Then “turn up the volume,” or ask Siri to adjust the volume by a percentage.
When you ask Siri to turn up the volume, she will do it in 12% increments. You can also tell Siri to turn up the volume by a certain percentage or to a certain percentage. You can say, “Hey, Siri, turn up the volume by 50%,” or “Hey, Siri, turn up the volume to 90%.”
When asking Siri to increase the volume by a certain percentage, be aware that the volume can become uncomfortably loud. You may also try cleaning your AirPods if these solutions don’t make it loud enough for you.
How to Make Your Airpods Louder
You may need to calibrate your AirPods with your iPhone to balance the volume levels.
- Place your AirPods in your ears and play music.
- Turn the volume completely down on your iPhone using the volume buttons.
- Your AirPods audio should be silent at this point.
- Open Control Panel and tap the Bluetooth icon to disable it.
- Begin listening to music through your iPhone’s speakers.
- Turn the volume all the way down on your iPhone using the volume buttons.
- Connect your AirPods now.
- To reactivate Bluetooth, tap it.
- You may need to access the Settings app.
- To reconnect your AirPods, go to Bluetooth and then AirPods.
- Finally, play music and adjust the volume as desired.