How To Connect Two Bose Speakers (Step-by-Step Guide)
Bluetooth speakers are ideal for times when you want to listen to music no matter where you are. They provide a simple wireless connection without sacrificing sound quality.
The downside of a single speaker is that it doesn’t reproduce true stereo sound that comes from two distinct speakers on the left and right.
If you have two Bose SoundLink speakers, you can pair them to play in stereo or unison. Here’s how to connect two compatible Bose speakers using the Bose Connect app.
How To Pair Two Bose Speakers
You can link two Bose SoundLink speakers to play audio simultaneously using the Bose Connect app or speaker buttons. You can pair Bose speakers in two different modes. Party mode allows both speakers to play in unison, while Stereo mode divides the left and right audio channels. Looking to upgrade your home audio? Then check out our Bose Smart Soundbar 900 review.
How to Setup Bose Party Mode Using the App
The Bose Connect app lets you manage different Bose smart speakers in every part of your home. Here’s how to enter Party or Stereo mode using the Bose Connect app.
- Turn one of the two speakers that you want to link together.
- With your mobile device, pair with one of the speakers.
- Launch the Bose Connect app.
- Swipe left to find your Bose SoundLink speakers.
- Tap the two speakers icon.
- Select continue and allow the two speakers to connect.
How to Setup Bose Stereo Mode Using the App
- Make sure that your speakers are in Party mode
- To switch to Stereo mode, tap the slider button STEREO (L/R).
- To switch back to Party mode, tap the slider button STEREO (L/R) again.
How to Setup Bose Party Mode Using Speaker Buttons
The Bose speaker buttons method enables you to pair two compatible Bose speakers together without using the app. Here’s how to enter Party or Stereo mode using the speaker buttons.
- Turn on the two speakers that you want to play.
- Pair one of the two speakers with your phone, tablet, or another Bluetooth device.
- Press then hold down the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons on the speaker paired to your device until you hear an audible voice.
- Simultaneously press and hold down the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons on the other speaker until a tone is heard.
You will hear a voice prompt to tell that your speakers are in Party mode. Audio from both speakers will begin to play in unison.
How to Setup Bose Stereo Mode Using Speaker Buttons
You have to enter Party mode before you can switch to Stereo mode.
- Press then hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously until you hear Stereo mode on one of the speakers.
- You will hear a voice prompt stating Left and Right to confirm that both speakers are now playing in stereo.
How to Switch Between Bose Modes Using Speaker Buttons
Press then hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons at the same time to switch between Party and Stereo mode.
How to Disable Bose Modes Using Speaker Buttons
Press then hold the Bluetooth button until a voice prompt is heard, or just shut off one of the speakers to unlink them.
Problems Connecting Two Bose Speakers
Here are some things to check if you’re having trouble getting your speakers to play in Party Mode or Stereo Mode.
Connect one speaker at a time
Stereo and Party modes will not operate if you pair two speakers to a phone, tablet, or another Bluetooth device.
Move speakers within Bluetooth range
The Bluetooth device pairs to the first speaker in Party and Stereo mode, then the first speaker links to the second speaker. Keep the speakers or devices within Bluetooth range, approximately 30 ft (9 m), to prevent them from disconnecting. Electronics such as Wi-Fi, microwaves, or baby monitors can cause interference. Once your Bluetooth device and speakers are close together, see if you have resolved the problem.
Keep software updated
When using party and stereo modes, you should update the software. When two speakers run on different firmware versions, it can be challenging to connect them.
When linking two Bose SoundLink speakers of the same model, give them distinct names to better identify them.
Remove speakers from the device list
A list of speakers you previously connected to your phone or tablet should appear in the paired device list. Locate and remove your Bose speaker from the list. You can accomplish this by picking your speaker and selecting Forget or a similar option. After that, try connecting the device to your speaker again.
Reset your speaker
Your speaker may need to be reset from time to time to fix minor difficulties. A reset can either reboot your product or clear all product settings, restoring it to its original state. To revert to the factory default settings, follow these steps:
This reset clears all settings and restores your product to its factory settings.
- Turn on your speaker.
- Press then hold the Power button for around 10 seconds.
- Then, the Bluetooth light will begin blinking.
- Finally, a voice will prompt you to choose a language.